This paid Marine Science Education Internship will support marine science education on the west coast of Canada, including a unique opportunity to obtain vital exposure, experience and specialized skills training across a number of areas in the marine and coastal sciences at the BMSC. Interns will report to the Field Trip Program Coordinators and will receive additional training by other skilled staff. The position requires enthusiastic and energetic individuals who are able to lead students through hands-on, field and lab activities that cover a fun and diverse range of scientific topics, including marine biodiversity, oceanography, rainforest ecology and place-based learning in Huu-ay-aht First Nations territory. These programs are supported by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada Promoscience program, and include extensive experiential, curriculum based active learning while piloting vessels, leading walks in the forest, and studying local beaches. Aspects of this position may be physically rigorous, such as lifting/carrying buckets full of water, hiking, and working for extended periods outside in a rainforest (rainy!) environment.
- Four positions available.
- Full-time hourly position for approximately 37.5 hours/week, for a 10-month term.
- Hourly wage: $18/hour
- Apply by email to email@example.com – include a cover letter, resume, and contact info for two references. Attach all documents as a single PDF with filename “YourSurname_EducationInternship.pdf”. Use the subject line “Application for Marine Science Education Internship”.
- Application deadline: Dec. 6th, 2021
- Starting date is Feb. 1st, 2022
photo: P. Joseph, UBC Marketing & Communications