Do I have to bring Scientific Equipment?

No, unless your instructor asks you to bring something. Course equipment will be provided. Teaching labs are stocked with microscopes, glassware and other basic supplies. Chemicals are stored in the chemical room. Other equipment must be signed out. If you can’t find what you need, please ask your Instructor or TA or the UP staff (e.g., If you need any additional equipment for independent projects). Please notify them as soon as possible because getting specialized supplies in Bamfield can take a long time.

Access to equipment in research areas must be requested through University Programs.

Anything marked “Research” is not for student use. If you need something, please talk to the University Program Coordinator, your Instructor or TA.