We will be announcing our 2022 Fall Program in Marine Sciences in February!
Our Fall Program in Marine Sciences offers an immersive, marine sciences experience at the third- and fourth-year, senior undergraduate level. We inspire investigation, promote critical thinking and offer students the opportunity to conduct an independent research project.
Fall Program in Marine Sciences:
- Students must take a full course load of five courses. Courses are not offered individually.
- Three courses run in successive 3 1/2-week blocks while two courses extend throughout the duration of the program.
- Classes are scheduled from Monday to Friday, and involve lectures, discussions, laboratory, and field excursions.
- Class size – 24 students.
- 3rd year standing in Biological Sciences, Environmental Science, Geography, Resource Management, or equivalent.
- Introductory Ecology and Introductory Statistics, or equivalents
- Ecological Adaptations of Seaweeds: Non-Vascular Plants
- Structure & Function in Marine Animals: Invertebrate Zoology
How to Apply for Fall 2021 courses – applications are now closed.
BMSC Fees – Scholarships are available to help offset these fees.
Application Deadline: June 11, 2021, 11:59 pm
*Our ability to host on-site courses depends upon the state of the ever-changing COVID-19 pandemic, BC Health Guidelines and approval from our five member universities. If necessary, we will cancel the in-person courses July 1, 2021 so students and faculty have time to adjust their schedules. We will not be offering any Fall online courses.
|Sep 7, 2021 - Dec 17, 2021||Applied Data Analysis in Marine Science||15 weeks||View Details|
|Sep 7, 2021 - Dec 17, 2021||Directed Studies in Marine Science – Fall||15 weeks||View Details|
|Sep 13, 2021 - Oct 7, 2021||Ecological Adaptations of Seaweeds||3.5 weeks||View Details|
|Oct 12, 2021 - Nov 5, 2021||Marine Population Ecology & Dynamics||3.5 weeks||View Details|
|Nov 16, 2021 - Dec 9, 2021||Structure & Function in Marine Animals||3.5 weeks||View Details|