*indicates required field
Please use an address where you can receive BMSC communications for the foreseeable future
Street Address line 2
*Your email address is our primary method of contact, and will be used for all research-related communications.
We occasionally send news to our Researchers and Alumni: do you wish to keep in touch with what's happening at BMSC? YesNo
Phone Number (Format: XXX-XXX-XXXX)
Research Request Details - Who's coming?
Total number of researchers coming to BMSC in your research group*
For use of BMSC 14' and 16' Copes, operators must have:
- Pleasure Craft Operator's Card (PCOC); and
- Valid, in-person, 16-hour First Aid certification with CPR-C (equivalent to Marine Basic First-Aid)
- A marine radio operators certificate (ROC-M) is technically required for users of VHF radios in Canada, however anyone can use such radios in the event of an emergency. An ROC-M is strongly advised.
For use of BMSC Raider and skiffs, operators must have:
- Small Vessels Operators Permit (SVOP); and
- MED-A3 (now called Small Domestic Vessel Basic Safety)
- Current certification in Marine Basic First Aid with CPR-C, or an equivalent in-person, 16 hour first aid course recognized by a province or territory
Boating experience is recommended but not necessary; training may be provided upon arrival if requested.
- I would like to operate boats and presently have the necessary certifications YesNo
- I will obtain a PCOC and the necessary First Aid certification prior to arriving at BMSC YesNo
First Aid certification
First Aid expiry date (YYYY-MM-DD)
If you intend to dive at BMSC, consult the BMSC website on qualifying as a Scientific Diver at BMSC, review our Scientific Diving policies and procedures, and
contact Dive & Safety Officer.
By submitting this form, I certify that the above information is complete and accurate. I acknowledge that failure to disclose complete and accurate information may result in denial of admission or dismissal from BMSC. I acknowledge that physical injury and death are risks inherent in the use of these facilities, and I assume all associated risks and I agree not to claim against BMSC for those risks. I agree to hold BMSC harmless from any and all injuries, damages and liabilities that may occur in the course of my visit, except for negligent acts or omissions of BMSC or its employees, students or agents acting in the scope of their duties.
By submitting this form, I agree to follow the Research Policy rules at BMSC, which is available here and from the Research Coordinator.