Multi-disciplinary research at BMSC
The Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre provides year-round research facilities, basic and specialty equipment, and technical assistance to scientists from the five western Canadian universities as well as visiting scientists from other Canadian and international institutions.
BMSC offers unparalleled access to a wide array of environments – including unique coastal, freshwater, marine, and rainforest habitats and exceptional species diversity.
- Evolution of sex determination in a polygenic system
- Rockfish recruitment on the borders of MPA’s
- Invasive species
- Molecular evolution in subtidal marine invertebrates
- Interactions between ecological processes
- Climate change on intertidal communities
- Predicting the occurrence and strength of selection on the rate of adaptation to new environments in stickleback
- Fish physiology
- Evolution and adaptation of form and function across wave exposure gradients
Contact us to discuss how we can support your next research endeavors.
Research Coordinator (Acting)
ph: 250-728-3301 ext. 255