R is a flexible, powerful and free software application for statistics and data analysis. It is used in a wide variety of research disciplines, and has become increasingly popular in recent years. This workshop aims to provide graduate students, upper-level undergraduates, academic faculty and other researchers, with essential skills for analyzing data with R. The workshop will cover the basics of data visualization, data management, programming, and the implementation of commonly used statistical methods. The workshop will focus on the practical implementation of the methods covered. No prior experience with R is required.
- $550 – Student/Faculty/Staff at a University
- $1100 – Non-University Participant
- Bedding, linens, and towels are included in the workshop price.
- The workshop begins Monday at 8:30am. Room and board will be covered for Sunday (dinner) through Friday morning (breakfast and bag lunch)
How to get here:
- Participants are responsible for their own travel arrangements to BMSC. The workshop will begin Monday 8:30 am.
Registration and payment are due April 25
- Payment of the registration fee is required in order to reserve your seat in the workshop. We will not hold your spot for you unless you have paid the registration fee.
- Please call 250-728-3301 ext. 216 to pay by credit card, or mail your cheque to:
Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre
ATTN: University Programs
100 Pachena Road