2020 FALL PROGRAM WILL BE OFFERED ONLINE
This year the Fall Program, though modified from our usual on-site field experience, will remain an intense, immersive, marine sciences experience at the fourth-year, senior undergraduate level. We inspire investigation, promote critical thinking and offer students the opportunity to conduct an independent research project.
Students are encouraged take all three core courses, running in successive 3.5 week blocks, however you make take one, two, or all three of the courses.
The Fall Program courses are a full time commitment with both synchronous and asynchronous activities. Classes are scheduled from Monday to Friday, and involve lectures, discussions, and remote laboratory and field experiences.
Synchronous course schedule:
- Monday to Thursday from 9:00 am – 11:00 am AND 1:00 – 3:00 pm (Pacific time)
- Friday from 9:00 am – 11:00 am (Pacific time)
|Sep 8, 2020 - Dec 11, 2020||Directed Studies in Marine Science||13 weeks||View Details|
|Sep 14, 2020 - Oct 8, 2020||Ecological Adaptations of Seaweeds||3.5 weeks||View Details|
|Oct 13, 2020 - Nov 6, 2020||Marine Population Ecology & Dynamics||3.5 weeks||View Details|
|Nov 17, 2020 - Dec 10, 2020||Structure & Function in Marine Animals||3.5 weeks||View Details|
- 3rd year standing in Biological Sciences
- Introductory Ecology and Introductory Statistics
- Ecological Adaptations of Seaweeds: Non-Vascular Plants
- Structure & Function in Marine Animals: Invertebrate Zoology
Requirements: Students need to have reliable access to technology, as follows:
- A computer with a supported operating system, as well as the latest security, and malware updates;
- A current and updated web browser;
- Webcam/Camera (built-in or external);
- Microphone and speaker (built-in or external), or headset with microphone;
- Current antivirus and/or firewall software enabled;
- Stable internet connection
“We may not actually be at Bamfield right now, but we have some pretty great instructors doing their best to make us all feel like we are! #Bamfield_RiME“.
“I recently completed RiME and I wanted to extend my absolute gratitude to all of you who contributed to making the course possible. It was such a positive experience for me and may have changed the course of my life.” Summer online students