Housekeeping positions at BMSC
Location: Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre
The Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre is searching for house-keeping crew to fill positions for the upcoming season, for full time and holiday relief. The positions are ten-month terms that could be recurrent based on the person and the organizational fit. We operate from February 1 to December 15.
This position involves working under minimum supervision, and performs cleaning and minor maintenance tasks to ensure that facilities are maintained with regard to safety, sanitation and appearance.
- Cleans by dusting, mopping, washing, vacuuming, polishing, brushing, disinfecting or scrubbing all surfaces of furniture, furnishings, floors, walls and other surfaces and restocks cleaning and washroom supplies.
- Washes or sweeps exterior entry ways as needed or directed.
- Cleans glass surfaces not requiring the use of scaffolds or safety devices.
- Clears and cleans waste containers and disposes refuse and recyclables in marked bins or designated areas.
- Change and replenish linens, uniforms, and towels as required.
- Wash, dry and fold laundry.
- Reports furniture, fixtures and other facilities in need of repair.
Performs other assigned duties that are within area of knowledge and skills required by the job description.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES NEEDED
- Working knowledge of WHMIS legislation and WCB regulations
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationship with staff, clients and students
- Physical capacity to carry out duties of the job description
- Willing and able to work day shifts, including weekends, as required.
Current rate is $15.61 per hour.
We require all interested applicants to submit a current CV with references. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. For those select, a 3-day ‘paid tryout’ may be arranged for the positions, with meals, basic transportation costs and accommodations being provided by the Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre.