Location: Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre
Under general supervision maintains grounds and roads, removes garbage and may be responsible for mail pick up and / or delivery to and from Bamfield Post Office.
Performs basic tasks as follows:
- Mows grass, plows snow, waters lawns, trims shrubs and tends flower beds as needed.
- Prepares new ground areas, repairs damaged ground areas, replaces bushes, hedges, shrubs and trees as directed.
- Operates lawn and grounds equipment including power mowers, snow blowers, tractor/trailers and a variety of hand/power tools.
- Repairs and maintains road surfaces, walkways and lots.
- Power washes exterior entrance ways as needed.
- Removes refuse and trash from grounds.
- Garbage collections and removal as required.
- Loads, drives and unloads vehicles or boats. Moves varied materials to and from and throughout site.
- Cleans and tidies up shop, yards and equipment areas.
- Maintains safe working conditions.
- May apply pesticides.
Performs other assigned duties that are within area of knowledge and skills required by the job description.
Skills and abilities needed
- Able to follow accurately, written and oral instructions.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with staff, clients and students.
- Physically demanding position, requiring the ability to perform a variety of routine heavy manual and small engine machine operation tasks under all weather conditions. High degree of manual dexterity.
- Valid British Columbia driver’s license. (Driver’s abstract required)
- Valid Pleasure Craft Operators Card.
- Willingness and ability to work any recognized shift, including weekends.
Please submit your application to Les Jmaeff