Gardener and grounds-person position
Location: Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre
Under general supervision maintains BMSC grounds.
Performs basic tasks as follows:
- Mows grass, waters lawns, trims shrubs and tends flower beds as needed.
- Operates lawn and grounds equipment including power mowers and a variety of hand/power tools.
- Removes refuse and trash from grounds.
- Cleans and tidies up grounds and equipment areas.
- Maintains safe working conditions.
Performs other assigned duties that are within area of knowledge and skills required by the job description.
Skills and abilities needed
- Able to follow accurately, written and oral instructions.
- Physically demanding position, requiring the ability to perform a variety of routine heavy manual and small engine machine operation tasks under all weather conditions.
- Valid British Columbia driver’s license. (Driver’s abstract required)
- Willingness and ability to work any recognized shift.
Please submit your application by email to Scott Martin, or drop off resume to the BMSC main office.
For more information call Scott at: 250-720-6801